Sunday, June 12, 2011

Creating what I love.

Ever since I was a very young girl I've loved purses. My best friend and I both did. We had bags of all shapes and sizes. Canvas ones, leather ones, big ones, small ones; we both even had one made of wood. I still have my wood one. It looked like a little treasure chest.

It's only natural that I'd eventually start creating my own. Recently, I've been combining my sewing talents with my love of purses and my interest in recycling and up-cycling.

Here's what I've been up to:

I've designed these shoulder bags using the pockets from from cargo pants, jeans, and dress pants. Some of the body and lining fabrics have also been reclaimed from curtains, table cloths, and clothing. 




This is just a sampling of what I've been up to. Watch for future posts featuring more of my purse creations.

1 comment:

  1. i like the way your using the pockets!!!! they look great!

    ReplyDelete