Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It was all about spinning last night at knit nite!

Although I've tried my hand at teaching myself to spin through YouTube videos in the past, I wasn't very successful and I still had so many questions. No matter how many times I shouted directed my questions at the computer screen, I never got an answer. "Am I over spinning?" "Did I draft this too much?" "Why do I have so many slubs in the yarn?"... No answer. I needed to be taught in person.

Tuesday night I was lucky enough to have an immensely patient friend, Will, who sat with me and coached me along with learning this new craft. He answered all my questions which I am ashamed to say, I asked with quite a snappy tone as though it was his fault I wasn't spinning like a pro right away. Actually, I fired off my questions in that manner because I was well rehearsed from my past spinning attempts.

Will was great about making corrections to things I was doing wrong, but mostly he assured me that my spinning wasn't "wrong", it just needed practice. I guess because I have been knitting and crocheting for so long, the concept of practice is somewhat foreign to me. But, by the end of the evening I was seeing an improvement. Thanks Will!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I'm glad you stuck with it! We have to do it again before any judgments are passed!

    I like how you snuck a shot of Robbie's sweater...

    ReplyDelete