Saturday, March 24, 2012

My weekend last weekend.

I'm a little late reporting on how I spent my weekend last weekend, but that's just how it goes with me. The hubby and I spent a short but wonderful time "back home" in Connecticut.


We left Saturday morning which was Saint Patrick's Day. All week I had intended to crochet a little garland or bunting of shamrocks to decorate my china cabinet in the dining room, but I never found the time. So, four hours in the car was plenty of time to work on it. Better late than never, don't you think?




It was a really quick project and as I often say, it made me smile. I had plenty of time to make a second one to give to my sister who I would be visiting. She needs a bit of whimsy in her life to make her smile, too.




These little shamrocks were so much fun to make, I just kept making them. I decided I'd be a shamrock fairy all day and secretly leave the single shamrocks laying around for people to find. My own mini yarn bombing project!




It was fun but, unfortunately I didn't get any photos of my secret work. I left one with the tip at the restaurant where we ate dinner. This is the family restaurant my husband and I both went to as children, although we didn't know each other back then.




It was great to eat there again. It brought back so many memories and I felt compelled to ordered what I used to order when I was a kid... Spaghetti and Meatballs. A good meal for Saint Patrick's Day, right? Oh, it was so good.


So, back to the shamrocks... I left one in an elevator, one on a table in the hotel lobby, one at an ATM. The next morning I had three left and I gave two to friends that we met for breakfast and left the last for the waitress with her tip. I hope my little shamrocks brought a bit of luck to those who found them, or at least a smile to their faces!


The main reason for our trip north was to watch a family member perform in the musical Hairspray. He played the part that John Travolta played in the movie. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to make the trip at first, but everything work out and we were able to. I am SO happy I did't miss it!



He looks just like his mom... I'm sure she'd be proud!



As I said, we met friends on Sunday morning for breakfast. These are the friends that I've spoken of before, Chuck and Carol. I don't think I've ever mentioned though, that they relocated to Pennsylvania in the fall and now live only about an hour and a half from us. Funny that we have to travel all the way to Connecticut to have breakfast with them! Actually, they were up there for a visit with friends and since they have not yet sold their Connecticut house, they were there taking care of some business. They just got an offer on it, so fingers crossed that all goes well with their sale!


I hope you're all enjoying the spring weather if you're in the Northern Hemisphere. If you read my last post, you know I am. Today is supposed to be cooler and rainy, a good day to meet with friends to knit, so I'm off to hop in the shower and get going!


2 comments:

  1. I love the shamtock garland! And I love that you shared them for good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. we call yarn-bombing "whimsical terrorism" at work. you're a revolutionary. how bout that?

    ReplyDelete