Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rhinebeck 2012 ~ My Treasures

The skies have been mostly grey this past week since the hurricane; so different than the beautiful blue sky we enjoyed during Rhinebeck Weekend. The lack of natural light has created a photo challenge as I tried to capture the true color of my yarn purchases. I've played around with the camera settings and the flash and this is what I've come up with.

I didn't really go overboard with my purchases, although the little I did buy certainly added up quickly.

I bought some REAL maple syrup! We've already enjoy a pancake breakfast topped with this awesomeness. I also bought myself this cute Sheep Mug. It's quickly become my favorite mug in the house.


I bought a friend a birthday gift. (I gave it to her before having a chance to take a photo of it, so I stole her Ravelry Stash photo!) It is Periwinkle Sheep ~ Watercolors ~ colorway Chai.



I of course bought my self some yarn, as well as flexible blocking wires, a new shawl pin, and an addi Turbo Lace 24" circular needle which I am going to dedicate to knitting Mutlnomah Shawls. (I've knit this shawl 5 or 6 times and each time I go searching for the right size needle, I find I am already using it for another project. I decided it was time to have a dedicated needle. With all the gazillion circular needles I own, I can't believe I only had one in this size!)


Some close-ups of the yarn:

Maple Creek Farm ~ Sherman ~ colorway Aztec Jewels ~ intended for some Christmas gift socks for a special guy.



Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm ~ colorway Meadow Pansy ~ a whopping 1400 yards! I'm not sure what I have planned for this.


Briar Rose Fibers ~ colorway Sea Pearl ~ this yarn with its grey & brownish gunmetal look just screams to be used for an Age of Brass and Steam Shawl!


Periwinkle Sheep ~ Sock Dream ~ colorway Mauve ~ let's just say, I need a little pink in my life, so I plan to make a shawl from this.


Oh, and one last purchase I made, of which there is no photo... Maple Cotton Candy! So, so, so, good! I can't wait until next year just so I can get some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment