Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Accidental Photo Success

I got a new camera recently. I bought it mostly because it's known to have a great macro feature, exactly what I missed most about a camera that I had a few years ago. It also has a powerful zoom on it. I haven’t had any training in photography and don’t really expect to produce anything award winning with it, just some decent photos for my blog and my Etsy shop.

The first day I had the camera I was playing around with the various settings. I wasn’t trying to be creative, just testing out the different features and getting to know the menus. I took photos of things close and far. I tested out the Pet Continuous feature while following a bunny hopping around my yard.

This is one of the photos I took, zooming out to my neighbor’s back yard. I just love the trees and the way their shadows weave together against the stockade fence. It looks a bit like roman numerals.


To me, it is an accidental success... by someone who has no idea what she's doing. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think, or what you see in it.

I’d like to make “Accidental Photo Success” a reoccurring post title, like ”Finished Object Friday”, “Quote of the Week”, or like my friend’s KnitXcorE’s “Vinyl Monday’s”. But, the truth is, when you're counting on “successful accidents” to happen, you can’t be sure when you might have post material again. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. o hai! magical backyard you've got there! i don't know why i immediately thought "wind in the willows'? was there an anthropomorphic frog hanging around?

    ReplyDelete