Sunday, May 13, 2012

UFOs-Be-Gone!

I've really been trying to get some of my UFOs completed and I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I've made a bit of progress lately. I've actually been using bribery on myself.


After finishing up some three projects, The Responsible Me told the Mercurial Me that if I finished just one more project, I would allow myself to knit some socks from the beautiful wool/silk yarn I bought a few weeks ago. So I did. I finished another project. I showed it to Responsible Me and the Mercurial Me was so happy that I would soon be knitting some great socks. MM had already picked out the pattern I would use, and had gotten out the circular needle in just the right size. MM couldn't wait to wind the wool into a ball... but NOOOooo! That wasn't good enough for the RM. RM talked MM into working on just one more project.


(Psst! Don't tell RM, but right after this blog post is written, MM is going to start those socks... regardless!)


When I gave you a peek at my mound of unfinished projects, I promised that I would share them again with you as I finished them. So here are a couple of my FFOs (Finally Finished Objects)!


The little pile of grey wool circled at the bottom right of the photo  actually turned into Sleepy Sally! You met her the other day.




And this pretty blue pile of yarniness turned into the Holden Shawlette.






This was knit with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Lace Merino that I bought last year while at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. The color is Moody Blues. I loved working with this yarn and the shawl is soft and light as a feather. I'm debating whether to keep it or to gift it.






I bought several hanks of this yarn in different colorways and I've been browsing Ravelry for just the right shawl pattern for each color.


Well, that's all the sharing for today. I'll be back soon with more once I've taken some more photos...


Right now I'm off to start those socks!


No comments:

Post a Comment